PrivateInternetAccess or PIA is a VPN service provider established in 2010 by one of its co-founder, Andrew Lee. Its parent company London Trust Media, created the company in order to satisfy their main goal of bringing back the internet to its original free state, where individuals can make, learn and explore with freedom and privacy.
Private Internet Access has become one of the leading VPN service providers that offer reliable and secured VPN tunnel services to users in order to protect their internet connection and disguise their IP address on the web. The company is based in the United States and its head office is located in Grandville, Michigan.
PIA has a very reputable track record of not keep any logs or collection of traffic data and only provide customer data under a substantial court order. They pride in having one of the best security and anonymity system available.
Private Internet Access provides users with access to their VPN by means of OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, and PPTP. A range of protocols and encryption strengths is available, with OpenVPN (rightly) being the focus and offering to AES-256 for datastream encryption, SHA256 for data authentication and RSA-4096 for handshaking.
Freedom of user choice is a major part of what Private Internet Access remains for, so users are free to pick their preferred type and level of encryption in the client options, and there’s a page on the site committed to helping users with choosing the right one for them.
- Private Internet Access VPN service allows users to simultaneously connect up to 5 gadgets to their VPN connection at any time.
- Unlike other VPN service provider, PIA allows you to use all of your devices utilizing just one account.
- Private Internet Access utilizes a high-grade 128-bit secured CBS Blowfish encryption algorithm for maximum online protection.
- It also supports PPTP, IPSEC/L2TP, and OpenVPN protocols.
- One great feature is the auto-disconnection protection. If ever to lose connection with the VPN, the service will automatically disconnect you from the internet keeping you and all your gadgets safe at all times.
- It provides SOCKS5 proxy access to all users who require this type of feature.
Is logging enabled?
Private Internet Access service operates a no logging policy. This means that user activity, such as site visits, downloads, emails, and different communications are not monitored or stored and the encryption protects them from surveillance even at ISP level.
How many VPN servers available?
Servers are offered in 29 locations across 18 countries including the US, Europe, and Australia, with nearly 3000 servers available in total. Another VPN provider at par with this number of servers is this one.
Why should I choose this?
Private Internet Access is one of the best VPN services in the market today for unknown surfing. With its low reasonable cost and various features, it can surely provide the most remarkable VPN experience to its subscribers.